Subject: Re: [Leica] International warranty
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 22:31:19 -0800

Seth,

My rider covers damage in addition to all types of loss. It doesn't cover
malfunction or adjustment. If you buy grey market from a reputable dealer,
they should provide their own warrantee for malfunction or adjustment should
it be necessary within a reasonable period of time. On the rare occasions
that my Leicas have needed service (always long after the Passport warrantee
would have expired) I've found that there are a number of service providers
well known on the LUG who charge considerably less than the Passport would
have cost me originally.

It's worth reiterating that the Passport warrantee alone leaves you
seriously unprotected.

Bryan