Subject: RE: [Leica] Leciaflex SL and 35-70 f3.5 German
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:15:43 -0600

Don and Ted,

Thank you for your helpful reponse.

Concerning the eyecup, I have an R eye cup that I will try tonight. If the
RA finder fits, I see no reason the eye cup wouldn't either as you have
stated.

Concerning the lens, the best test is to take pictures and that's what I
intend to do this weekend. The lens appears to be a great condiition and the
glass looks very clean. The large front lens element has a rather menacing
look if you are used to the 60mm.

One thing I noticed last night when I put the lens on the SL is that this
camera is probably best used in daylight or normal lighting. Because of the
screen used, it is hard to focus in low light situations, expecially if your
eye sight is not the best.

I have heard that Sherry can switch out the screen for the SL2 one which I
believe uses the split image like the current R series.

Overall, I love the pure mechanical simplicity of this set up. I have a
feeling it is a joy to use.

Cheers,

Tom

Don suggested << Regarding the eyecup, if it slides on the rails on either
side of the
eyepiece then it will fit.  My right-angle finder works SL ->R so the eyecup
should too. >>