Subject: RE: [Leica] Real M7 hands on touchy-feely stuff
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:39:55 -0500

> Austin, the compensation is like driving two different cars.  If
> you drive a
> pickup truck and a Porsche 930 your approach to driving will be different.

Don, I really don't believe you can compensate for 1/80th of a second
consciously.  Your above comparison is like comparing an R8 to a Graflex
Super-D...both ARE hand held (well, the Super-D CAN be hand held ;-) SLRs...

> My comment was meant to inform seasoned users that have mastered
> the M that
> at first, their fleeting moment images will not be the same.

That's where I disagree...I really don't believe anyone will get different
images because of a 1/80th of a second difference in shutter lag.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Real M7 hands on touchy-feely stuff)