Subject: Re: [Leica] Available Lenses
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:41:40 -0500

> This is my first posting to the LUG.  I've been a lurker for a little
> over a month, and am very much enjoying these spirited exchanges.  I
> became a Leica owner when an entirely undeserved M6 TTL was dropped into
> my lap by my late father-in-law.  My camera prior to this was a Kodak
> point and shoot.  Obviously, it is not a just or fair universe in which
> we live.  However, I am reading voraciously, attending photography
> classes, and following the LUG and various online resources to try to
> become worthy of this magnificent feat of engineering.
> The camera came with a 50 mm collapsible Summitar that I have been very
> happy using.  However, I'd like to acquire a longer focal length lens to
> take family photos; everyone here is aggravated by my constant intrusion
> into personal space to properly frame my photos, and my year old
> daughter tries to poke the lens.
> Right now, Leica lenses seem beyond my price range, particularly new
> ones.  I've seen some nice photos done with Zeiss lenses.  Can they be
> adapted to the Leica?  If so, where would one find an adapter? Other
> recommended lens and how to adapt them?  I've searched the LUG archives
> and done online searches vainly trying to find enough information, and
> camera shops online don't provide this sort of information.  I'm a babe
> in the woods here; any guidance members of the LUG can provide would be
> much appreciated.
> Michael Gerard
> geeman1066@earthlink.net

Michael,

Congratulations and welcome.

You bring up some interesting points, but rather than giving you my opinion,
I suggest, because you seem so enthusiastic, you consider joining the LHSA
(Leica Historical Society of America). They publish a very nice quarterly
magazine plus a quarterly Leica catalogue that is full of used Leica stuff,
much at reasonable prices.

Take a look at their website:

http://www.lhsa.org/

Regards,