Subject: Re: [Leica] B.D.'s continued rants
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:10:08 -0800

> I thought you said the thread was at an end,
> yet you continue to let B.D. rant and rave.  ENOUGH!!!!

Tools for cutting off individual threads are crude at best. Kind of
like bombing caves in Afghanistan. My statement that the thread was
over was a proclamation of policy and not fait accompli. There are
actually about 10 threads going, and if people mutate the spelling of
a word in the subject that creates a new thread.

The only time I have ever booted people from the LUG it has been for
a combination of negativity and prolixity. B.D. is unpleasantly
negative, but only 1/20 as prolific as was Anthony doing the same
thing. I deal with B.D. vs. Erwin by deleting all posts from both of
them, at least for now. I read Erwin in his own forum, and when B.D.
has something to say that seems to be about photography, I will read
it.

Different people are offended by different things. The largest number
of complaints i have ever received as LUG barkeeper was about the
single-malt whisky thread, which I found to be quite amusing. But
lots of people didn't.

Me, I'm still waiting to hear from Brad Daly about the identity of
his amazing model Amanda. She's a keeper.

And I still have to find the time to get the archives updated to
Volume 22; it's been a week now.

Brian