Subject: Re: [Leica] Jeffery PAW - Week 9 (the third chess tournament)
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:10:01 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffery Smith"

> This week's PAW is up. I shot the third (and last, I think) chess
tournament
> for children hosted by Delgado. The link is:
>
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_9.html
>
> Other images from this third chess tournament are at:
>
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Chess14.html
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Chess15.html
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Chess16.html
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Chess17.html
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/Chess18.html
>
> Please give me comments whether they are good or negative. I had trouble
> picking the PAW from these images, and wonder which one you would have
> chosen.
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

Jeffery

No wonder you had trouble choosing the PAW from such a strong set, spare a
thought for those of us who have trouble choosing for the opposite reason.
My picks for the best three would be 15, 16 and 18. All for the same
reasons,  impact of facial expression coupled with just the one subject. The
large area of out of focus red in 18 is a little distracting so I would
place that third. Second is 15 because of the slightly looser crop, that
leaves 16 as my favourite. Well you did ask :-). Incidentally, I can see
every stitch in 16's cap and its not a Leica you say? Damn!

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com