Subject: RE: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: "inyoung@jps.net" <inyoung@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:46:58 -0500

Hello,

  In addition to Bob's opion, I would like to add my experience with the 80-200/4.  It feels quite hefty but performs extremely well on my RE.  I have had much better results with the 80-200 than with the 35-70/4.  No regret with the 80-200/4 if heft is not bothering you.
  I wonder how well the R8 will balance with the 70-180 APO-Vario-Elmarit which is a chunk of a lens itself.  It is stellar in performance but very heavy, which is why I don't use as much as I want to.  I used it hand held on my R6 in sunny day to be rewarded with excellent images.  It simply gets a little too heavy every day.  The R6 seems sort of small with the lens.  It is still hand holdable though.

Regards,
David Lee