Subject: Re: [Leica] R and M 6 Prices
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:02:06 -0800 (PST)

> > Oh? Tell that to all the people on this list and
> elsewhere who pay that for
> > an M6 that has that added, photography enhancing, image
> improving, feature -
> > black paint. ;-)

    Long ago, in a place far away, I purchased my black
enamel M4 and two black enamel Nikon FTns.  Not because of
status, or "magic picture....".  I bought them because they
were LESS CONSPICUOUS.  Almost all other cameras of the
time were chrome.  And they would stand out like a flag,
causing some people to act in a hostile manner about
photography, and others to start thinking about how to
steal them.
   And almost as soon as I had the Nikons "home", I covered
that big, white Nikon F on the finder/meter with a strip of
black electricians tape.  I had already learned that most
thieves did not know one camera from another, but they knew
the NAME.

    If you think this is a hint for all of you who really
use your cameras, it is......