Subject: Re: [Leica] price of a 280 2.8 APO Telyt-R
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:55:57 -0600

CucinaA@missouri.edu (Andrea Cucina)2/20/029:05 AM

> It is a marvelous lens, and it is a Leica, so what is its
"true"
> market value?

Not trying to sound silly - but these days - whatever someone
will pay on a given day. Having done a bit of buying and selling
in the last year and watching prices on that unmentionable aution
site - the market seems highly eratic. The real question seems -
"How long can I wait to get the price I want?" Bottom line - if
you put it on e**y. You'll get what its worth on that final day
of the sale within a very large and international market cross
section.

George