Subject: [Leica] Re: 180 filter retaining ring
From: Gordon Brown <gordon.r.brown@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:34:58 -0700

According to an assortment of Leica catalogs and reference books, the
180/2.8 Elmarit R (first version) (with tripod socket) uses a 14165 filter
retaining ring for Series 8 filters. The front lens cap is 14166.

Last week, the Leica parts department in Northvale told me that neither was
available. Another LUG member kindly responded to my want-to-buy request
for the ring. I'm still seeking the lens cap.

Regards,

Gordon R. Brown
Boulder, Colorado