Subject: Re: [Leica] RF Fisheye?
From: "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:50:12 -0000

Matthew,
I did float this idea to Mr Kobayashi of Cosina (Voigtlander) fame at last
Photokina and am a little surprised we've not yet seen one...
Perhaps my delusions of grandeur and influential status are mere delusions
after all...

It's not difficult to create one yourself.
I took a Rollei mount Zeiss F-Distagon 16/2.8 (it was going cheap) and had a
mount made to allow correct infinity register on the Leica (M) and have used
it happily since then. Adapter mounts to work with other SLR lenses are even
more readily available.
I procured a 180 degree security door viewer (they also come in 150 and 120
degree offerings for other lens designs) and mounted this inside an old
discarded viewfinder. I could mask off the sides, top and bottom but have
not yet bothered to do so, I guesstimate, and it's good enough.
I did see another lens as mentioned above for sale at 150 UKP in England
this last week, quite a bargain as the current Contax equivalent is around
2000...

regards,
Jem