Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta International
From: RHaigh5748@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:27:42 EST

I would only buy a Contax T3 from a dealer who will take the camera back no
questions asked, if the camera does not work properly upon your receipt AND
you have not sent the warranty card in. Too many camera bodies are defective
out of the box and you should not have to deal with a third party repair
service for such problems.

I bought a Contax ST (SLR camera) from Tamarkin. It did not imprint the data
properly on the film. I called Eric after I got my first roll of film back
and saw the problem. They immediately replaced the camera with another one.
The key is not to send the warranty card in until you know the camera works.

See if Delta will take back defective goods out of the box before you buy.
Otherwise, stick to lenses. Your safer there. Less seems to go wrong..but I
have gotten a new Leica lens where the internal cement was defective.....

Bob Haight

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Delta International)