Subject: Re: [Leica] Hey, What do we look like?
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:33:29 +1300

Warning: Please ensure that pets, the elderly, the infirm or small children
are NOT looking over your shoulder when seeing this image.

This is almost what I look like (being a Sunday afternoon, this is what I
always look like on Sundays):

http://homepage.mac.com/garyelshaw/portrait.jpg

Cheers,
Gary

"Now, given that kind of time span, it's just not easy to think of Ned Lud
as a technophobic crazy. No doubt what people admired and mythologized him
for was the vigor and single- mindedness of his assault. But the words "fit
of insane rage" are third-hand and at least 68 years after the event. And
Ned Lud's anger was not directed at the machines, not exactly. I like to
think of it more as the controlled, martial-arts type anger of the dedicated
Badass."

Thomas Pynchon
Is It O.K. to Be a Luddite?
The New York Times Book Review, 28 October 1984

OO
[_]<|    Gary Elshaw
 /|\        Film and Media Studies Tutor
              Victoria University