Subject: RE: [Leica] looks like personal attack time, I am game!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:26:43 -0500

> > Hum.  It depends on the subject.  Some subjects, like what one
> likes for ice
> > cream, or cars, or photos, is very subjective...and just
> because I may not
> > be an expert in paint manufacturing, doesn't mean I can't have
> a favorite
> > color!  I do know what you mean though.
>
> No it doesn't depend on the subject.

Well, I believe the examples I gave show it does.  If we are talking about
what is the right tool for installing a nail in a piece of wood, a spoon or
a hammer, there is a clear, unsubjective, answer.  I did not mean the
subject of the photo, but the subject of the discussion, perhaps you
miss-took the meaning.

> The old equipment debate, most all of us shoot Leica, enogh said:)  But
> your comment about sometimes all the experience in the world cannot amke
> you better is completely wrong.

How's that so?  There are certain things, like playing tennis, or running
the mile, that no matter how much experience and coaching I have, I will
never be world class in either of those.

> It is not the experience that has made
> us all the skilled photographers we are today, it has been the desire to
> improve over time.

You can only improve to a certain point.  Some people have inherent
ability/talent that allows them to go further, and some people don't.

Regards,

Austin