Subject: [Leica] Re: looks like personal attack time
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:06:44 -0800

Go get'em Sam!!! Don't get sucked-in by the PC suck-ups.

There's nothing you can say that will appease the "rarified few" on the LUG.

Just keep on doing what you are doing. Your hard work has not gone
unnoticed. Great photos, great Bokeh, great decisive moment. What Leica
camera, lenses, film, developer, etc... do you use?

Just don't read posts from those you know that will be antagonistic toward
you. This has worked well for me for a long time because I get attacked a
lot. Sounds like you too have a fairly thick skin...

FWIW, my family of five, owns five BMW's. Reason... "The Ultimate Driving
Machine."

My Brilliant Red '94 Dinan BMW V8 Touring (Station Wagon to the
Neanderthals) carries and has carried my Leicas, Hasselblads, and Linhofs
on many a long, far, and fast photographic expeditions. It even was the
base vehicle for the several Leica workshops that I taught, for Leica USA.
The rangers at Point Lobos (Weston Beach) know my red wagon very well "here
comes that Photo guy Jim again." So it can't be all that bad.

The best camera for Weston Beach... Hasselblad FlexBody, 40, 100, and 180
lenses, Fuji Velvia and Efke  R25, E6 and Rodinal 1:100.

Heresy!!!

:)

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: Austin)