Subject: [Leica] RE: Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH for sale
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:20:35 -0800

At 06:38 PM 2/15/2002 -0500, inyoung@jps.net wrote:
>Hello,
>
>   I am surprised to see that this lens started being talked about all of
> a sudden.  I don't know how rare it is but do know there are quite a few
> as rare as this lens.  Other than its rarity, what made people start
> talking about and seek after this lens?  This is a R lens which normally
> is not considered collectible.
>
>Regards,
>David Lee

Ha! M or R, makes no difference. Only a handful were made. Manufacturing
cost far exceeded selling price. A darling lens in that it rivals fixed
focal length lenses for imaging capabilities. Some bought to use, some
bought to collect. Right now, there basically are none available, anywhere.

My feeling is that Dr. Yao found what he, for a very long time, was
searching for.

Jim