Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 question
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:05:54 +1100

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm using R8 with  APO 2.8 100 and APO 2.8 180. These are very nice and
>sharp lenses. In the last two week I had the chance to test a M6 with
>Summilux 1.4 35 ASPH. And somehow are the pictures sharper than the
>pictures with my new Elmarit 2.8 19. My question is that this is a
>general thing? I was wondering how big the difference between the
>pictures from 19 and 35 were!!!
>

>Regards
>
>Javad Fatemi

Javed, you are getting the bug ;-) soon you will have an assortment
of M bodies and lenes, BEWARE THE VIRUS, unless you have a very
forgiving partner ;-)

Oh and by the way, the M series glass is aided by the lack of mirror
movement etc, but does produce the best images in my stable, though
the R glass and R8 come in VERY VERY close, as you would expect. Now
where did I put the brochure on the Tri-elmar and that magy thing !!

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com