Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Registration
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:16:29 -0500

Mark Kronquist wrote:

> I used to pass on the passport but it has proved its worth a couple times in
> real world shooting when events (Yucatan 1992, Moscow 1993, Tanzania 1994)
> put my Leicas in the line of damage. Problems fixed no questions asked

Mark,

As I type, I am hoping to experence the same thing you did back in the
early 90's.  About a week ago, I had my one year old M6 on my sholder
(with a thick leather jacket between me and the strap).  Then I hear
this thud.  I look down and there is my M6 on the ground!  I NEVER felt
it leave my sholder!  It looked fine, until I tried to focus it.  Today
it is at Leica USA.  I am VERY glad that both the body and lens are
under the passport warrenty!

Sam