Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 200mm f/2 vs Leica 180mm f/2
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:39:20 -0500

dmorton@journalist.co.uk wrote:

> Sam Carleton wrote:
>
> "I am looking at the 180/2 for candids indoors where light is low.  I
> would be hand holding the lens."
>
> er...are you serious? Have you acually seen & handled one?

dead serious.  Robert did suggest a M6 with a Noctilux, but my thought
process is that the M6 w/ Noctilux and another M6 with a 35 Summilux
will be my primary rigs and a R8 w/ 180/2 APO would be on my sholder for
when that candid happened a bit too far for the Noctilux to reach.  The
nice thing about the 180 is that you don't have to be in the kids face
to get a nice tight shot.  I am only wondering if the extra size of the
f/2 is going to require a faster shutter speed the the lighter f/2.8.

Sam