Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Salgado Revisted NOW: questions answered
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:08:41 EST

In a message dated 2/12/02 7:35:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> join Castro in the
>  Sierra Madre...oh, right, he hasn't been there for about 40 years.

B.D. it was May-June 1957; I was a brand-new ensign on board U.S.S. Intrepid
and we were on a Caribbean shake-down cruise out of Guantanamo Bay. A couple
of our enlisted men went UA (it was no longer called AWOL) to join Fidel in
the Sierra Maestra (not Madre). Hard to believe it's so long ago.

Seth       LaK 9