Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Salgado Revisted NOW: questions answered
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:59:23 EST

In a message dated 2/12/02 7:19:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, tedgrant@shaw.ca
writes:

> And that's never been my style, I record everything and anything that I'm
>  motivated by.

Ted: I have no interest in intruding on what has become one of the most
irritating threads in the relatively short time I've been on the list -
whenever I see "Salgado" a tiny shiver hits my spine and my "delete" index
finger begins to twitch.

But isn't it true that one's background, experience, personal history, in
fact one's personal "ideology" if you will, becomes part and parcel of what
motivates a photographer, or a writer, or a musician/composer? That is, will
you not - as a photojournalist - respond in your own very personal way to the
sight of human joy or suffering or questing or apathy?

My point is philosophical, not Salgado-related.

Seth         LaK 9