Subject: Re: [Leica] Paul Fusco Leica Ace
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:46:34 -0700

Some years back I worked for a major international oil and gas company
with operations in the Soviet Union, then Russia.

Hi Ted,

At that time the Soviet practice was to continue to gather food crops
from well within the fallout zone area and send the foodstuffs to
different areas within the country on a sort of rotating basis. Truly a
modern version of Russian Roulette.

BTW, a significant number of employees and ex-employees posted to Russia
have come down since with some horrific medical problems. High cancer
rates and slow deaths.

Its too bad the genie got out the bottle in 1945.

Regards,

Greg