Subject: Re: [Leica] Just got R8 what Flash to use?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:08:46 -0400

Charles:

One of the Metz flashes that takes SCA 3000 adapters or the Leica SF20 are
your only choices.

The Metz line is pretty good.  They just came our with a new flash (54
MZ-3) in the more traditional Vivitar 283 style bounce head which will fold
flat to fit in a pocket or camera bag.  I use a SF20 or a Metz 40 MZ.

BTW, the 40 MZ 3i and the 54 MZ-3 both have the same guide number.  For
some reason Metz named this one after its guide number at the telephoto
position, while traditional guide numbers and previous Metz flashes were
rated at the 50mm zoom reflector position.

Regards,

Robert