Subject: [Leica] Re: newbie #3
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:51:33 -0500

The same thing happens with a Nikon FA. It happens because you are
changing the area being metered. As a test, meter an evenly lit gray
card--or anything that is evenly lit. You can turn the camera any way
you want and the meter will read the same. But, since the M6 is bottom
weighed, if you change camera orientation and the weighted portion of
the pattern is now reading a more bright or less bright area, you get a
different reading.

Allan