Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 button rewind
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:25:02 -0500

Steve LeHuray wrote:

"Yes it can be upgraded to the lever. At the same time have a lens release guard from
M6 installed. Both are inexpensive to do."

I'm told by those who know that it is devilishly hard to convert a button rewind M2
to standard lever rewind -- apparently, there are some other bits in there that have
to be removed to get to the rewind release mechanism, and they are really hard to put
back correctly. It's just way too much hassle and this is why we see such a number of
button rewind cameras still out there, more than 40 years later.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal