Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 button rewind
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:01:51 -0700

The problem with the button rewind is that it takes an tolerable way of
rewinding film and makes it even more difficult. I rewind my M2 with one
hand spinning the knob and the other cradling the camera with one finger on
the shaft to prevent it from spinning back due to the tension on the film.
Now you have to hold the button down while rewinding as well and I have just
run out of hands. Try it by maintaining a constant pressure against your
rewind lever while trying to rewind...not fun. Obviously Leica thought so
too as they dropped it pretty quickly. I am glad to hear that it is possible
to fix it.

John Collier