Subject: Re: [Leica] Using M6 with Flash
From: "Kevin Argue" <kargue@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:06:09 -0500

Felix:
      As a news photog that covers selected receptions I love using my old
vivitar283 with my M6. First off take it off the camera. The eye at the
front comes off and with a special vivitar  cord  it can be fired from the
hot shoe. The other thing I do is use a dog battery ( called UNDERDOG - see
WWW) so the battery is attached  to the flash.  On the flash I use a bounce
card. My friend Grant Black former photo chief of the Windsor(ONT) Star now
with the Calgary Herald built an attachment that allows the above cord to
screw into the tripod socket allowing the 21mm finder to be in the hotshoe.
Using this system means the eye extension cord must be plugged into the
X-synch.

Kevin Argue
St. Catharines, Ont.