Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado to speak in Seattle Feb 16
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:24:17 -0600

> As a preliminary issue, I find it hilarious that people went nuts about
Leni
> Reifenshtal because her message was inseparable from her photography, but
> when there is some question about what Salgado is encoding in his
pictures,
> his work is politically neutral and completely meritorious.

One difference is that Leni was making deities out of Nazis.

I, for one, still subscribe to the old "the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi."

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado to speak in Seattle Feb 16)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado to speak in Seattle Feb 16)