Subject: RE: [Leica] Salgado to speak in Seattle Feb 16
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:41:14 -0500

I don't know why stuff like this makes me crazy, but it does.;-) What makes
Sebastio Salgado "the great economist?" Economist? Yes, he is, or was. But
"great economist?" Based on what? Whose judgment? What reputation? Where?

Great documentary photographer dedicated to using his art to drawing the
attention of the world's "have's" to the plight of the "have nots?"
Absolutely. He is a stunningly good photographer.

And "Leica photographer?" Well, only if you would have called him an
"Olympus photographer" back when Olympus was supporting him and he was using
Olympus gear. ;-)

A truly great photographer, literally a "legend in his own time," who uses
Leica gear.

B. D.

P.S. And I was going to be in Seattle Feb. 16 because I would love to hear
him and see his presentation.