Subject: Re: [Leica] Backdoor paint
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:52:18 -0700

I recently did an advance lever for my M4-2 and Tremclad flat black with a
coating of satin varnish was a perfect match for the muddy black chrome on
the camera. If I recall correctly the M2 back door paint was a bit glossier
so you might start with a gloss black and still cover it with the satin
varnish. Still too shiny? Cut the gloss paint with 000 steel wool first. As
you can see a little experimentation is in order.

John Collier