Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: worst own enemy! ... NOW: confidnce inself! ;-)
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:59:01 -0800

Ted Grant writes:

| The photog changing equipment for next to no reason,
constantly stays in the
| "worst own enemy category" because he or she never takes
the time to work
| smoothly and confidently with their equipment.
|
| Just a thought for a Saturday afternoon. ;-)

Ted makes a very good point.  The only reason that I have a
reasonable selection of Leica equipment is because I started
using in 1967 and treated Leica as a system rather than the
latest innovation in camera equipment.  I keep adding to it
as I perceive the need.  Everything is backwards compatible.
The really neat thing is that, while I don't have the latest
and greatest Leica lenses, everything I have integrates
seamlessly...Unless you understand the characteristics of
focal length, you cannot tell with which lens a particular
photograph was taken. Since I am currently not shooting
professionally or even semi-professionally, I am saving a
lot of money!!!  My self imposed rule is to not buy another
lens until I have mastered the last one I bought.  I am
finding the 75/1.4 very challenging.

Regards, Bill Larsen
Terra Bella, California

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] WAS: worst own enemy! ... NOW: confidnce inself! ;-))