Subject: [Leica] WAS: worst own enemy! ... NOW: confidnce inself! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 13:18:38 -0800

B.D. Wrote:
>>I'll second that "photographers are their own worst enemy" line.<<

Guys and Gals,
Photographers truly are their own worst enemies! Why? Because they listen to
too many "so called experts, they read too much BS from photo magas
and............. they don't completely believe in their own ability!"

It's like their confidence in self worth level  is always in question and
figure they have to constantly redefine their ability by purchasing new
gear, even though their ability has been defined by the fact they've been
published, hired to shoot assignments and or have had hangings in galleries.

Some switch gear as fast as a hooker changing pants on a Saturday night and
in doing so quite often keep their ability in question because they are
always playing and experimenting with new equipment.

If like the hooker with one toy to play with and rarely if ever changes her
toys, if the switching every so often photographer stayed with one camera
type and learned it thoroughly, they'd become as comfortable as the hooker
as a pro. ;-)

By the same token she may change things, but in reality she stays with the
same equipment and that's how she stays professional and confident in
knowing what she does. Produces quality & satisfaction! ;-)

The photog changing equipment for next to no reason, constantly stays in the
"worst own enemy category" because he or she never takes the time to work
smoothly and confidently with their equipment.

Just a thought for a Saturday afternoon. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] WAS: worst own enemy! ... NOW: confidnce inself! ;-))