Subject: RE[Leica] New R body?
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:57:26 +0100

<focus conformation is quite useless. i have an rx that has a focus
<confirmation and most of the times it is wrong. you can also find it on
<nikon f5 with mf lens and it does not work, i have tried that too

Mehrdad

Let me, please, disagree. Focus confirmation is a good thing mainly if
you've got some eyes problem. I have used it very, very often in my Nikon F4
with many manual focus lenses and with very good results(think of a full
open 50mm f1:1.2). Just when you are in focus a green led, easily
noticeable, shines. Never tried in my F5 as you have not matrix metering
with manual focus lenses while you get it with the F4. And coming back On
Topic a R8 with this feature will be welcome. I'm in doubt about a R8 or a
Contax RTSIII and this could help me a lot.

Kind regards

Felix