Subject: Re: [Leica] The use of tripods
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 10:09:30 -0800

As I don't have/use Medium/large format cameras, I use both a Monopod and a
Tripod.  The tripod sees use  when I use Fuji's Velvia or Kodak's K64  when
I'm doing floral close-ups with the 100mm/2.8 APO macro in available light
(>1/8+ sec exposure, usually).  Also when using the 80-200/F4 Vario Elmar in
my SOHO photography, where I'm often shooting in shadows and wide open I'm
at 1/12+ sec exposure.

I use the mono pod when using Ilford's 50 B&W film in shooting street scenes
such as Parque Central and Parque Morazon in San Jose, Costa Rica.  Even at
2.8 with the 100mm APO I'm still getting slow exposure times.

Whatever it takes to get the best picture I can with the best grain I can
get it with.