Subject: Re: [Leica] interacting with strangers -- a very important element of photography
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:18:35 +0100

Just wanted to send a belated thanks to Kyle for recommending this book. I
bought it from Amazon and find its recommendations extremely useful. As Kyle
writes, its primarily aim is business, but since I was laid off in December and
am currently looking around, the schmoozing techniques contained in this book
are very useful to me right now from both points of view.

Highly recommended.

Nathan

kyle cassidy wrote:

> i recommend reading "the vault guide to schmoozing" -- which is about $14
> from amazon. it's basically a book about how to strike up conversations with
> strangers, largely written for business people, but it all carries over into
> photography. one great suggestion it gives is to always have a followup
> question. you start with "do you come here often" they say "yes" and unless
> you're prepared, the conversation dies there. so you ask "i've never heard
> of any of these beers before, do you know anything about them?" and your
> off.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland