Subject: [Leica] AE lock on R4?
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:48:08 -0800

I recently got an R4 and have been shooting with it a bit lately.  I am
used to the R3 and it is really easy to lock the exposure (auto) on a
spot-metered area, then recompose and get the desired exposure -
standard stuff I think.

With the R4, when I partially depress the shutter button, and then
recompose and shoot, the original (locked) exposure is not being used.
 Is there a way to lock exposure on the R4 in Auto Spot mode?  Auto spot
metering is so useful when you can lock, and so useless when you cannot,
me thinks.

Thanks,
- - marc

- --