Subject: RE: [Leica] ice, ice, baby
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:01:27 -0500

Well, yes and no. Were the Congressman in question not a rightwing
Republican passing as a Democrat, who had been one of the most vociferous
Democratic bashers of Bill Clinton for HIS intern problems, maybe so. But
given the way that all unfolded, it was a pretty damn juicy news story. And
it was a story that once again demonstrated that it's not the act that gets
you, it's the coverup. Had he just said, sure, I was f*****g my brains out
with the little cutie and I am totally torn up over her disappearance, the
story would have faded...but instead he lied his behind off, went on
national television and got eviscerated by Connie Chung, and then was
"saved" by 9/11. But he is apparently out of campaign funds, and is now
being opposed by one of his own staff members. Who may or may not own a
Leica. (ON TOPIC.) :-)

B. D.