Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: war/ was rude/ now idiotic
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:49:59 -0500

Of course there have, on rare occasions, been "necessary" wars, WWII being
one. That said, however, there are some very good arguments to be made that
had the British and French pushed back hard at Hitler earlier in the 30s, he
might never have lasted long enough to have started WWII - and we might not
have needed a "good war."

This issue of the necessity of war and its place in human society is one on
which we will never agree.

B. D.