Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: war/ was rude/ now idiotic
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:28:34 -0500

No,Arthur. You said it was necessary. And it seems to me that if you believe
that it is necessary, a vital cog in the advance of civilization, then you
have an obligation to support it and participate in it. Any other posture is
a copout.

And it is indeed up to thee and me whether our governments participate in
wars - had millions of Americans not thrown LBJ out on his butt, and then
continued to demonstrate, the Vietnam War would have gone on and on and on.

And as to the war a mile from where you live in Manhattan - despite the
rhetoric from our Maximum Leader, that was not an act of "war" in any
traditional sense - it was mass murder committed by a members of a minuscule
group of religio-political fanatics who speak for no organized nation state,
religion, or traditionally organized group of people.

Tragedy, yes. Terror attack, yes. War? I don't think so, despite references
to Axi of Evil.

B. D.