Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] OT> PayPal update
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:07:17 +0100

Steven Alexander wrote:

> Notice in business section today's Boston Globe, PayPal is offering IPO.
>
> Someone thinks they are doing something correctly.

As the experience from the past couple of years has shown, the fact that a
company goes public means little and certainly is at best tenuously related to
the viability of the business model. It just means that current management
wants to get rich quick...

PayPal is a good concept, but I also second Pascal's frustration. I have tried
twice to register with them and each time the process failed due to their
apparent inability to process a non-US Visa card. So my own conclusion is that
PayPal is a fine service for people based in the U.S. but they should not
represent themselves as providing an international service when in fact they do
it only in theory. And no, there was nothing wrong with my card, I followed
their procedures exactly, and I have used this same card to buy stuff from
US-based merchants many times without any problems. Hence the problem is with
PayPal, not with me or my bank.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman