Subject: [Leica] Re: neg to positive in Photoshop
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:17:16 -0600

Lea:

>Using a flatbed scanner and Photoshop 5.5 is it possible to scan the negs
>and convert them to positives so I can see what I'm looking at?

I'd look here:

http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

to see if the scanner is supported by Vuescan.  If it is, I'd recommend
trying it out.  It's shareware, so trying it is free.  Until you pay, you
get cross hatches in your scans...and that part won't matter if you're just
trying to get an idea of what they look like.  Vuescan is wonderful with
getting good color out of old negatives.

Eric