Subject: [Leica] A couple of newbie Leica questions
From: Victor Tavernini <victor6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:34:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello.  My name is Victor Tavernini and I just
purchased my first Leica, an M3 with a current model
50mm f/2 Summicron.  I grew up in a Leica household
(M3 & SL2) and it must of made an impression since
after all these years of owning Nikon equipment I felt
the urge to buy one.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions that and I would
appreciate some of the LUG's collective wisdom.  They
are -

1. I am looking for an small, compact (and hopefully
inexpensive) flash to throw in my bag for those times
when there isn't enough available light.  I'd
appreciate any recommendations for a suitable model.
I like the specs of the Mecablitz 20 BC-6 for this
task, but am not sure if it is suitable.

2. I am contemplating purchasing a wide-angle lens to
create a super lightweight two lens travel kit (that
I'll keep in a LowePro Photo Runner hip pack).  The
lens that are in consideration are the Voigtlander
21/4, 25/4 and 28/1.9 ... I'd appreciate any comments
as to which lens you think would work best for this
task.

Thanks,

Victor Tavernini
victor6@yahoo.com