Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Paw Please
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:37:38 -0400

Roy:

The assembly plant pictures are the best, with the girl and the yellow
mustang the better of the two.  The engine shot has the worker too far to
the left.  The same can be said of the flag shot.  With the flag shot, you
probably should have focused on the next one down the line and waited until
she looked your way.  It is the rule of thirds that would help on the
engine and flag shot.  The mustang shot has the girl centered, but it works
because of the diagonal lines.

The first one of the girl in the chair just didn't say anything to me.  It
looked a little contrived with the flowers and the picture frame.  Should
have just filled the frame with the girl, if that is what you wanted a
picture of.  The desk, flowers, and picture compete for attention and take
the viewer away from your main subject.  Too many points of interest in
this picture.

I had a photography instructor use the term Point of Interest (POI).  Your
assembly line pictures have good POI, the girl in the chair too many POI or
not one central one.

Regards,

Robert