Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses at the Superbowl
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:05:03 -0800

James Harrison wrote:
>>> I read the feds will not allow any camera with lenses over 10 inches,
> coolers, backpacks, etc at the Superbowl due to security.  I wonder if
this
> applys to pro shooters? <<<<<<<

Hi James,
I'd have to think this ruling would apply to people in the stands and not
accredited media photographers.

After all, a 300mm lens is sort of normal for shooting football and on any
given day there are people using 400's and up, so I think this means "in the
stands."

That's not to say the feds wont be bigtime checking the biggies!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant