Subject: [Leica] epson 3000
From: "E. Lo" <numberone@ismart.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:26:11 +0800

Hi,

Try pressing Command+option then the esc key.

For some reason the later versions of Adobe softwares like Photoshop or
Illustrator sometimes tend to try to get on line by themselves (
probably to reach Adobe homepage for some updating purposes). If your
computer is not dialed up at that moment the whole thing freezes as it
waites for the connection which never comes.
By pressing the command+option then esc key the attempt to connect is
forced quitted & whatever the computer was doing before the freeze could
happily continue.

I also use the b & w G3 in my office. It too went into mysterious
freezes. This is how I solved it.  If this is indeed the reason, the
best thing to do is to reinstall your adobe softwares without the
automatic online feature.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ed. Lo