Subject: Re: [Leica] [PAW] Available PAW, Week 4
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:28:13 -0600

Colin,

A bit of Southern trivia.  Mullet is called "Biloxi Bacon" on the Gulf
of Mexico Coast.  The fish of course can be found world-wide, but it
is a favorite down on the "Red-neck Riviera,"  which brings me to
the fact that I did not feel the same way as John and Alistair on your
pics.

http://www.availabledark.com/html/paw/02/paw0204.htm
I know a few elderly Asians and  given the age of the subjects, they
were trying to strike a formal pose for you.

IMHO, the shot is too tightly cropped, but otherwise I like it.  It's
hard to take pictures of strangers, especially when they are the
foreigners.  I think you succeeded on this.

In the case of the basketball girls,
http://www.availabledark.com/html/paw/02/paw0204b.htm
I believe you captured the essence of a "time-out, "  and could have
knelt to make the shot a little stronger.  As far as intruding during
a coaches' time-out,  you'd probably get tossed out of the arena.

My favorite of the lot is
http://www.availabledark.com/html/paw/02/paw0204d.htm  A wonderful
capture.