Subject: Re: [Leica] shooting in Jerusalem
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:13:12 -0800

Brian David Stevens wrote:
>>> Planning a quick trip to Jerusalem and the west bank, Anyone got any
tips or hints? Is it easy to get film out or does it have to be processed
and inspected?<<<<

Hi Brian,
Take this as a tip in case you haven't been watching the tele or reading the
papers of late. ;-(

Unless I was going to Jerusalem and the west bank on assignment or urgent
family matters, I'd give the place a very wide birth these days given the
unfortunate incidents of explosive activities. It could be you and your
Leicas may not leave the place in one piece. :-(

And to ask if your film will be inspected is tantamount at implying you
haven't had any discussion with a travel agent or airline on arriving or
departing from Israel, as it's one of the tightest inspection countries in
the world.

Now I realize we as Leica photographer's are an adventurous lot who like to
be in the thick and thin of things, but with absolutely no idea who has
explosives wrapped around their bodies and looking to do harm, unfortunately
disaster can happen before you have a moment to put your camera to your eye!
And you could become part of some other photographer's picture! ;-(

Sorry, you asked for tips and hints, they're mine.
ted

 Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant