Subject: Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #3 and #4 for 2002
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:27:50 +0100

In message <p05100302b87ccaccc1d0@[203.208.69.141]>,
Alastair Firkin writes:

>G'day Arne,
>
>I'm sure others have better advice, but for me, I compose the type of
>scene I want first, focus then return "quickly" to that set up and
>take. For years my father used an SLR polaroid camera SX70 I think,
>and all his portraits were in the lower third of the image, the focus
>patch being towards the bottom of the viewfinder. I still slap myself
>when a roll of film returns, and I've fallen for the same trap again.

Alastair,

the method you are describing is the one I am using when I am more confident that I have sufficient DOF. The Noctilux, wide open, at close focusing distances does not allow for much recomposition, at least if the intention is to keep the subject in focus.

- -- Arne

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #3 and #4 for 2002)