Subject: Re: [Leica] starbucks situation
From: "James Harrison" <leicajh@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:46:23 -0600

Brad said in part:
>i've wanted to visit the permian basin ever since i read "the last
>picture show" when i was about 15.  i have this idea that somewhere, out
>there, is america.

Parts of it is.  I was in Wichita Falls in 1970, attending my first USAF
Tech School for the Launching of Titan II ICBMs.  "The Last Picture Show"
was filmed here and really upset the blue haired fathers and mothers of this
town.  Larry McMurtry used real stories about the folks here and just
changed the names.  BTW, he lives in Archer City, just 20 or so miles south
of WF, the theatre house showcased in the movie has been worked on, and the
local art folks are trying to restore it..  good light ;; jh

James A. Harrison II
KD5LMX
Wichita Falls, Texas, USA