Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM neg spacing AND ENLARGING CURLED ROLLS.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:45:59 -0800

Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:
>>> If that's the case then that would explain why old leica enlargers had
> those curled neg holders sticking out to the sides of the neg carrier
> slot. Maybe people didn't cut their negs back then and just stored them
> rolled up.<<<<<

Hi Feliciano,

That's exactly it! :-) From the early days of my photography we never cut
the negs and we rarely made contact sheets, we just picked from the neg.
Then when enlarging the roll was curled from one side through, enlarged and
curled off onto the other side.

My storage for hundreds of my early rolls were one dozen egg cartons! Each
spot for an egg had a curled roll of film with the spot numbered along with
the carton, they were logged in a little note book. Great filing system! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] LTM neg spacing AND ENLARGING CURLED ROLLS.)